This is the first official posting on my blog. I was planning to wait until summer when I will actually have more time but there are some big events coming up shortly that I want to write about.
The first being my husbands completion of his Engineering degree. Ian, in less than 3 weeks, will finally be finished with school. I cannot be more proud of the hard work and dedication he has shown throughout these last 4 semesters that I have known him. I am sure that Ian cannot be more excited either.
Along with the excitement of graduation comes the acceptance of job offers that, sadly, will take us away from Calgary to the lovely city of Lloydminster (it borders AB and SK if you didn't know its location). I am not sure yet how to feel about this move. Know that I have only ever lived in Edmonton and Calgary so the "small town" life is entirely unknown.
We went to visit Lloyd last month. I was okay with living there... it seemed like a safe place, comfortable, close to the family (2.5 hr) with the important necessities. I was even starting to get a little excited about it until we went to "the mall". We walked in and started walking around... let's just say it took less than 2 minutes to walk from one end to the other. I cried! My dear Mother, who came along on the journey, offered comfort saying that I can do all my clothes shopping in Edmonton. So I guess I will survive. I know that she would love to have me come to the city to shop and see her.
We are off to Lloyd again this weekend to set in place our housing arrangements and to get Ian's employment details worked out. Then in a couple weeks I say goodbye to my husband who is moving ahead to start work as I am stuck in Calgary teaching until the end of the school year. I am sure I will be blogging a lot during those sad weeks of loneliness.
Well... there is more info, but I have apparently written an essay. I should stop now if I really do want people to read this. Happy Weekend!
5 comments:
Welcome to the blog world! I am so excited to hear about your upcoming adventures...and I will certainly miss you. Keep writing - I love to read!
Jen, I am so excited that you joined that blogging world. This is Vinnie by the way...not sure if you knew that. You should check out my blog fellerfamily.blogspot.com
I am going to add you to my sidebar if that is ok....I am excited that your husband is done school, that is going to be way nice, and I am sorry you have to move, but hopefully you will like it...!!
I know some one who is a member who lives in Llyodminster..her name is Lara Gibb, super nice! Any way Ian's parents are in our ward, but I have yet to meet them...I will have to wait and see when they can make it to church...though I have no idea what they look like. Also met a girl that grew up in Lilooet(sp)? Her first name is Kimberlee Bryson..I have no idea what her maiden name was, but she remembers Ian...not sure if she is older or younger. Small world! I am so excited that you have a blog!
Thanks for your blog, Jen! Elder Nelson is visiting Edmonton this weekend and is speaking to adults at BD tonight at 7:00. What time do you arrive?
M&D
JEN!
How long have you guys been in Calgary! Welcome to the blog world. Love your wedding pics! Where are you working?! We are in Vulcan, about 1 hr south of calgary, small town, mark is head of English here!!
Post a Comment