Sunday, May 4, 2008

The time is fast approaching...



One year ago - May 5, 2007 - I was sealed to my husband for time and all eternity.

Tomorrow Ian and I celebrate our first anniversary. This year has been one of many happy moments and memories. I still can't believe that it has only been one year because it feels like Ian has been a part of my life forever. I can't imagine life without my dear husband. He is such a source of safety, strength and support for me.

My love has grown more than I imagined possible since I met Ian. I love his smile, his real one, when his eyes shine and his face wrinkles. I love that he loves to cook. I love his passion for learning which he shares with me almost daily. I love his willingness to help with anything. I love that he enjoys playing soccer and being active. I love how hard he worked in school and I know that he will work just as hard in his new job. I love holding his hand and dancing with him. But MOST of all I love Ian's hugs. There is healing power in them and I will miss him dreadfully as he leaves this weekend to start work in Lloydminster.

I must stay behind in Calgary to finish teaching my school year. We will be able to see each other on most weekends until then but I will still have to get through many lonely weeks. I was so fiercely independent before Ian came along and now I seem to have gone to the opposite extreme. I don't want to face waking up all alone and coming home to an empty house. I pray for courage and strength to make it through these next two months.










3 comments:

Amanda said...

HAPPY 1 Year Anniversary!!

So much fun isn't it! I met Ian's parents today..very nice people!

Julie said...

cute cute pictures! and happy anniversary! just think - time apart has to end sometime, right? you guys were sealed, so you've got eternity together :)

the fellers said...

awwww...happy anniversary! Crazy how time flies eh? I hope you dont get too lonely!!