Friday, June 13, 2008

6.5 Days to go....





This is the group of lucky children that I have dedicated the last 10 months of my life to. Awww, they all look so happy (silent tear)! I can't believe there are only 6 and a half days left of school. Remember that list of things I still had to teach?!? Well I managed to finish it all! We still have to write all the provincial tests and do some review but after that (and a few parties and fun days) there are only report cards to finish... wah wahhhhh!

It has been such a year of growth, challenge and adventure for me. I felt like the start of the year was fighting to earn respect from the students, the parents and from co-workers. Proving yourself "worthy" can be quite exhausting. Despite my youth (I am the youngest teacher by 13 years) they all managed to find confidence in my abilities. I am still questioning their sanity!

I was so busy with mentors and worrying about teaching that it took me until probably February to be able to relax and enjoy my time learning with the students. They are a fun group.... so fun in fact that they make unruly students. I have really enjoyed the last 4 months with "my children" and I think I have learned a small part of what it is like to be a parent. I am sad to say goodbye because it might be a forever goodbye but I hope that they will keep in touch. I am excited to see how they grow and mature.... mostly I hope that they will work hard to reach the potential I have seen in them. They have each blessed my life and helped me to grow a little bit towards the type of person God wants me to be.

No comments: