











We made it back! The last two weeks in Switzerland were such an adventure. It was so wonderful to see my Sister and her husband and to travel around such beautiful parts of the world. I knew as soon as I got there that I couldn't find any motivation to get my sister to come back to Canada. We have a beautiful country in Canada but Switzerland doesn't even seem to compare.
This trip involved a lot of firsts for me. It was my first trip overseas, first time riding the intricate train systems, first time climbing the Alps, first gelato, first time in Switzerland, Italy and Germany and the first time surrounded by people who don't speak English. I enjoyed most of these firsts but I am not such a fan of being unable to communicate with others. Oh and I had no idea what car sickness was until I rode the switchbacks in Switzerland.
We traveled to many cities including: (Germany) Frankfurt, (Switzerland) Zürich, Sankt Gallen, Appenzell, Meglisalp, Gais, Tessine, Vira, Lugano, Bellinzona, Indemini, Locarno, Winklen, (Italy) Luino and Milan. We drove, walked, hiked, shopped, ate, swam, explored and were awestruck.
Favourites for me were the great cathedrals, the market in Luino, the soccer stadium, the castle, Indemini and the old city in Sankt Gallen. I loved being with my sweetheart who spared me great anxiety as I fear traveling and everything associated with it. I loved to see what my sisters new life in Switzerland is like and I am so proud of her as she teaches primary in German. I loved seeing Ian and Ephraim having fun together and really appreciated my time with my sister.
There were many stories to tell and lots to see... check out my facebook space to see pictures of us and to hear about our adventures. www.facebook.com
Switzerland was amazing and I am so glad I went but now I am so grateful to be back home with all the comforts it allows. As Ian and I were traveling back to Lloydminster we realized that Switzerland may be beautiful beyond compare but there is still such beauty in all the places we call home. I love the yellow fields of canola and the vast expanses of green. I like to see far into the distance and watch the sun rise and set. I love that I don't get sick traveling on our straight roads and I love being able to communicate with all around me. I most of all love sleeping in my own bed!
1 comment:
oh my goodness!!! sounds like you guys had an awesome time, but glad you came back to canada, hopefully i'll see you again sometime :)
Post a Comment