Saturday, January 31, 2009

6 Months from now....

There will be a baby Isackson!



Okay, the word is out, the secret is no more and I can stop pretending that I have had a nasty flu bug for the last month. I have been sick as a dog, dropped 15 lbs, confined to bed for now a full 3 weeks, in then out of the hospital to be rehydrated, and the constant diclectin I am taking is still not fully resolving the nausea issue. I must say I did not expect pregnancy to be this debilitating and hear that most don't experience the joys of hyperemesis gravidarum (aka- extreme 'all day' sickness). However, after an ultrasound and blood tests all is looking well for the baby (aka-parasite or Lima Bean).

We are super thrilled (though my enthusiasim is slightly diluted with "the sickness") as we watch my belly begin to grow, anxiously anticipating August 15th when Bean will be joining us.

Thank you to all those well wishers and encouragers as we waited a little longer than some for our family to grow.

7 comments:

Kay said...

Congratulations to you both. So sorry to hear you are really sick...its no fun. But the end result it totally worth it. I had wondered, glad you cleared up the flu thing!
Hope it gets better for you.

Lahni said...

Congrats! I know all about the all day-9 month sickness thing. It really sucks, but there is a bright side...you don't gain a whole bunch of extra weight! I was back in my regular jeans 3 days after delivering Isaiah - maybe that'll help you through the nausea!

Unknown said...

Oh Lahni, that is a huge positive. Thanks for pointing it out. I have already lost 15 lbs so it is a good start!

Amanda said...

So sorry about being sick...I can totally relate! When I was prego with jackson, people would say, enjoy it, take time to rest and relax as this will be your last time alone with out a child to take care of.....I thought they were crazy what did they know...then I was prego with Walker and even sicker and then I knew exactly what they were talking about and I felt a little sheepish. So my friend, relax, rest and enjoy it ( as much as you can)!!!!! All my love!!!

The Wolff Den said...

Eesh, that sounds terrible. My sis-in-law had what you had and they finally put in a central line to give her 24/7 gravol for the rest of her pregnancy... Keep on truckin' Jen, it's totally worth it!!

the fellers said...

congrats, I am sorry you are sick....I know it...I hate it, but babies are the best, and one day you will agree that it was all worth it...when you are no longer sick, and you are holding that bean in your arms....I am so excited for you!

Just Rhonda said...

I was wondering!! :) I totally relate about the sick thing too. It SUCKS! Just look forward to the other trimesters. And take it easy!