Tuesday, June 9, 2009

13 days and counting....

Yes, the countdown has indeed begun to the end of school. I know I really shouldn't be so excited for it as I have only been working since April (half days) and only full days for a week and a half. Man am I tired though. My weary feet walk the hallways far more than I would like and my aching back is luckily diminished a little by my crocs.... so whether they match or not, I wear my bright blue crocs to school each day. Hopefully all the amazingly dressed staff at school don't write me off as a fashion victim.

Just report cards left to do, some last lessons of new material and those wonderful 'fun days' that fill the schedule. What I am excited for most is that I won't have to hear 25 eight year olds telling on each other and interrupting me every 5 seconds..... arg! I think I am a little less tolerant as a pregnant person but they still seem to love me so I guess I am not being too harsh.

I just can't believe that there is only 75 days till this baby comes (that is only 3 quarters!!!!!! - yes I have been in gr 2 too long already). She seems to be healthy and strong, off to the Dr. tomorrow so I will let you know if there is anything saying otherwise. I am looking forward to having my body back and to holding my little girl in my arms. Just 11 more weeks. Here are a couple recent pics of the belly.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are those pajamas? Cuz the pants look totally cute. *ahem* anyway. I want to know if you like the doc! give me a shout sometime (if you have the time, I know you probably don't!), or a message on farm town or something. I wanna know how it went! I'm glad it's only 13 more days! This is the best month ever! We're moving, and school will be out for you! (I think it's party time -- perhaps a movie and sugar after we're in the townhouse? haha) 3 quarters... lol, well hey, that's better than 4 quarters! heck that'd make up a dollar!

the fellers said...

you are so cute, and ALL belly....good job!

Julie said...

ahhh bright blue crocs. that was the last bit of my pregnancy, too! so, when i read your title, my first thought was "13 days and counting? I thought she wasn't due until the fall?!?" tricky tricky :) your belly is looking adorable, and you are looking beautiful, and i'm sure your students can't help but love you, even on your "worst" days! take care!

Anonymous said...

I have to say, Jen... by the end of a single day in the primary grades, I can't handle the tattling and interupting.