Thursday, September 10, 2009

I'm a sucker!

This little face has already got me wrapped around her finger. No matter how frustrated, exhausted and distressed I get Hailey just melts my heart. Of course sometimes this only happens when I am looking back on those difficult moments as I look into my sweethearts sleeping face. Why is it that they seem so wonderful and perfect when they are sleeping?



Today Hailey is 3 weeks old and I can't believe I have survived! I know many of you are probably thinking... "it wasn't that difficult!" But then you probably had a sweet little baby who rarely cried and took to breastfeeding like a charm! I must say that I didn't expect to get a colicky baby... and I also didn't expect to have the struggles with breastfeeding that I am having. I blame the baby.... may sound bad but the troubles are all on her side. Hailey will rarely open her mouth wide enough (expect for her hands to enter to mouth) and likes to grind her gums on my nipples. Needless to say I have a very strong dislike for all things breastfeeding currently. I'm now deciding if pumping for the next 3 months outweighs all the other struggles!

I am grateful that Hailey is starting to sleep more during the night and to fuss less during the day. She is growing up already and has gained a whole pound (at least). She is so strong and loves to hold her head up and look around, she also squirms like crazy and can cover a good distance when she is angry. We get the occasional smile that I think is 'real' and love to look into her beautiful bright eyes!

We just love her to bits, even Mommy when she feels like she just can't take anymore.



Our little tummy sleeper is just like Mom!



I just love that little leg... and notice how her hands are always by her face!

3 comments:

Julie said...

jen, she is so precious!!! my grandma always says there's a reason babies are so cute... :)

Lahni said...

I'm sure the smiles are real. My babies smiled at 2 weeks. I can't wait to get my baby on the outside so I can cuddle and love her. Reading your posts always make me jealous. My little boys aren't (and never really were) all that cuddly.

KD said...

She is so so sweet! Knox is already 2 months old! It goes by fast but trust me it get's better more sleep happier baby! (I feel for ya on the nursing thing, I nursed 3 babies and finally with Knox i thought i could not go through the stress of it so he's bottle fed. Good luck i really do know how stressful it can be when they are not the best nursers!