(he he he, NOT our bedroom! Wish it was... just an example pic from the net)
When you see a nicely decorated room, how are the blankets arranged? Could be like this one with the edges a good distance over the side of the mattress or possibly neatly tucked in (which, in fact, is ridiculous because nobody sleeps with the sides tucked in). I would like to know WHY every blanket/comforter/duvet I buy barely covers the mattress?!?!?!? Who decided what sizes the sheets/blankets should be?
It creates a totally ridiculous necessity to purchase bedding that is larger than your mattress size. Now of course the fitted sheet must be the same size as your mattress or it just won't stay on. But the top sheet must be a size larger (for a queen you need to purchase a king top sheet). This is also the same for blankets/comforters and duvets. Why do they make them so narrow? If both sides just reach the bottom of the mattress when it is made (with no one in it) than what is going to happen when you add 2 people to the bed? The increased surface area makes the blankets even shorter. Are you tired of wrestling the bedding from your husband, even though he really doesn't have enough for himself? I AM!
To make this pet peeve of mine EVEN WORSE we have a duvet that doesn't fit it's cover properly. Yes I did buy them both in king size but for some reason the duvet is ridiculously smaller than the cover. This means I have to re-adjust it EVERYDAY so that I don't have a foot of cover only at the top of the bed. It is making me CRAZY! Yes I know there are solutions to this... I can sew the cover smaller but this requires sewing skill and I didn't purchase items just to have to alter them anyways.
Just thought I would share with you this massive pet peeve I have with my troublesome bedding.
What do we do when we get a king?!?!?!?!

5 comments:
I like the new look!
I have never had a problem with sheets/blankets being too small. But I have had the duvet cover problem. I think it's because I buy my covers at Ikea and the duvets at Costco. I think Ikea has weird sizes. I finally bought some duvet clips for my 3 year-old's duvet and they actually work really well for duvets and covers that aren't exactly the same size. But I would recommend buying more than one package of clips (especially if you have a queen - I'd buy 3 or 4 that way you can put clips all the way around, not just at the corners.)
Funny you mention that. Kevin and I have the same dilemma and it drives us absolutely crazy. We have high hopes of getting a king size bed and wondered the same thing... what are we going to do ?!?!?!
I agree... totally annoying, lol. I can get by with sheets, I've had really good luck finding them that leave both of us with enough room, but as for blankets and comforters I have to buy a size larger too. Ugh!
Is this your bedroom? I can't remember what it looked like when you gave me the tour of your house, lol. Anyway, if it is, I like it! :)
YES on the duvet clips :)
love your rant :D it's nice when our frustrations in life are about the details and not the big giant things :) (did that make sense? I mean that in a good way!)
Inside your duvet cover might be hooks that can attach to your duvet so your duvet doesn't slide down. If it doesn't, make some. You are creative and it shouldn't be hard to do.
Good luck!
Post a Comment