Have I mentioned how much I LOVE my office? Well I LOVE my office! It was important for us (me) to buy a house with enough rooms so that I could have an office/craft room without having to put everything away all the time. Who wants to create when you have to pull things out, get organized and clean up... all to make a little project? Not me. Our house has 5 bedrooms. Our master, Hailey's room, a guest room, a completed empty room and my office. It is in the basement but is rather large. I have plenty of room to spare, even with my supply drawers, work table, file cabinet, large corner desk, vinyl cutter and storage shelf.
My supply drawers at the end have every possible school supply you could need (I'm a teacher - it is an addiction). My file shelves I use for my vinyl business paperwork. Then there is my ribbon box which I LOVE as well. Keeps every ribbon tidy and organized along with my snaps, clips and other paraphernalia. My Olfa cutting mat which is handy for whatever I am doing (mainly sewing/vinyl work). A few containers that used to hold mini-donuts from the fair last year. Super handy, like a small ice cream pail. Mmmmm, mini-donuts. Now they have hooks and nails for my board making. My sewing machine which is plugged in and ready to use if I get a hankering to make another soother clip, or perhaps some curtains (those are the only sewing projects I have done lately). Also I have a few old formula containers that hold my thread and vinyl tools. They are very handy as well... though sharp I have learned with a cut to the hand.
The file cabinet has become a clutter location (on top and in). It also has files (crazy I know)
My desk is also a clutter location. Love my baskets that house the majority of my stamp collection and also function as hook holders to hang some vinyl. The shelves are also stacked with ridiculous amounts of school supplies.
My vinyl cutter and favourite toy. I'm still working on my own house projects. Look to my other blog to see what I create (when I get around to it).
My corner of complete vinyl boards that I have for sale (in the boxes) and my awesome wardrobe that holds all my vinyl colours, sewing fabric... and a host of other things. (honestly this post is getting too long already so I will quit the details).
A last close up of my work table with my button jars that are colour coordinated....
The only draw back to my office is that it is SO COLD. Winter/summer, anytime. It is freezing. I have to layer up to work in there and my hands are always freezing afterwards. Oh... and another draw back is that it ISN'T childproof (at all). So the only time I get in here is when Hailey is sleeping or under the watchful eye of another. Even though my time in here is limited, I love it. I am relishing in the fact that I get to keep my office until child #4 comes along... so I've got awhile!!!!!
Leave a post if you want to see a closer look inside ;)






1 comment:
yay fun! I just moved my craft "area" into it's own room on the main floor - so nice.
Post a Comment