Sunday, October 24, 2010

More than I can chew!

Why do I always try to do more than I can handle?  Is this common for most people?  I need to say NO more often.  I feel so guilty when I have to decline but I try to tell myself it isn't for selfish purposes... it is for my SANITY.

There are so many things I want to do right now but it is just beyond my body's capacity.  I have a mountain of laundry to do.... and no please don't offer.  That grosses me out to think about allowing someone else to do my laundry for me.  SICK!  Thank you though for thinking of it ;)  My house is a disaster....  I have so many 'projects' that are on the go, including ambitious ideas for Christmas gifts.  Thank heaven I didn't sign up to be in the craft fair this year.  I can't even imagine adding that task to my list.

I need to take each day SUPER SLOW.  If I can take a shower it is a good day.... if I can eat more than plain cheerios it is a good day.... if I go outside it is a miracle and if I go to bed later than 8 pm it was a good day.

I am hoping for more good days!

3 comments:

Megan said...

Some people would call days when they CAN go to bed at 8 p.m. a good day. Sweet sleep...

Royall said...

I can totally relate about taking on ambitious Christmas gift projects... and being grossed out about the thought of other people doing my laundry. When Matt and I were first married I left our G's in the dryer overnight- my landlady had them all folded on the laundry room counter early the next morning! I felt so violated that she'd seen our undies!

Anonymous said...

I hope things slow down for ya soon! I feel ya on the projects thing, Bert shakes his head at me when he hears about something new I want to do, lol.
And I also feel the same way about going to bed early, it's like we have so many things to get done after kids go to bed, and if we go to sleep at the same time we don't have 'me' time, very important in mom world, eh?
Had an awesome time chatting with you the other day :) Miss ya girl!