Friday, June 1, 2012
Sunshine
Sunshine on my shoulders makes me happy
Sunshine in my eyes can make me cry
Sunshine on the water looks so lovely
Sunshine almost always makes me high
If I had a day that I could give you
I'd give to you a day just like today
If I had a song that I could sing for you
I'd sing a song to make you feel this way
Sunshine on my shoulders makes me happy
Sunshine in my eyes can make me cry
Sunshine on the water looks so lovely
Sunshine almost always makes me high
If I had a tale that I could tell you
I'd tell a tale sure to make you smile
If I had a wish that I could wish for you
I'd make a wish for sunshine all the while
Sunshine on my shoulders makes me happy
Sunshine in my eyes can make me cry
Sunshine on the water looks so lovely
Sunshine almost always makes me high
Thank you John Denver for this music... and thank you to my Dad for always singing it when I was a kid. A sunny day doesn't pass without this song playing in my head....
This post isn't about the song really but I couldn't get past this topic without a 'replay'.
I have a question (or numerous interconnected questions) in regards to taking photo's in sunlight!
Is it always pretty much bad to be in direct sunlight?
Will the photo's always look over exposed? or can I adjust my settings to fix them?
Most of these photos I already had to adjust the exposure so they weren't so bright but they were SUPER cute and I was disappointed they couldn't just come off my camera without editting. It is unfortunate that they look fine on your display screen, until you upload them onto your computer.
So camera friends with DSLR's, please enLIGHTen me ;)
I have been shooting mostly in Av mode. I usually don't change much on the settings except for the light source option (which is probably the problem?) I know everything is automatic except the aperture which has to do just with what part of your picture is in focus right? Maybe I should just go back to Auto!!!!
But if I had used Auto in those same lighting circumstances would those photo's still have been over exposed? I really just need to sit down and read the whole manual!
*I know that white blanket sure didn't help the problem.... it was really only there because Quinn refuses to touch grass!
Here are some more cute pictures!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
stay away from auto if you want to control any part of the photo....if you like a bit of overexposed, go with it. keep experimenting with different settings, you'll get it :) That's really the only way to learn. If you don't have time to fiddle with settings, (there's a family picture you really don't want to botch) just set it on P mode and flash, or auto and flash. At least you'll get the image and you can get back to your experimenting without risking all of your family images until you get it right. I just told you my whole first year learning A, P and part of M mode. haha.
It's not always bad to be in direct sun but you have to make a choice. If you expose so that the bright light on the top of her head is properly exposed (and not blown out) her face is going to be under-exposed. If you expose so that her face is properly lit, the bright light on top of her head is going to be blown out. It's why photographers won't do a session in the middle of the day. Even shade is your friend midday on a sunny day. Let me know if you have any questions, I'm happy to talk you through it. I don't think my email comes through properly on your comments but it's jenn at jenndispirito.com
Post a Comment