I feel like I am out of steam and I don't feel like I can deal with 21 teenagers everyday anymore. The students have started to turn into junior high-ers already. They don't confide in me as much and don't seem to like me as much. I miss hearing "Mrs. Isackson, you are the coolest teacher ever!". They are currently unaware of the fact that I am moving and will not be their teacher next year (at my school the teacher stays with her class from gr 1-9). I am breaking the news to them next week. I don't think they will be too upset though (at least not many of them).
41 Days of school left and in these next 41 days I have to do the following:
- Arrange probably 2 parent meetings about field trips, events, new teacher, ect.
- Field trip to Lloyd's Roller Rink
- Plan and arrange a Medieval Feast
- Attend a grade 6/7 overnight trip (3 days)
- Carry out 4 more pizza days
- Attend 9 more staff meetings
- Interview potential new students/families
- Plan, prepare and teach Government, Trees and Forests, Evidence and Investigation. Review Ancient Greece, prepare the student for provincial exams, write the 6 exams, finish a novel study, teach how to write a business letter and a newspaper article. Complete fractions with operations, teach statistics and probability, number theory, coordinates and motion geometry, and integers.
- Mark everything associated with teaching these topics and complete report cards
Now that is just my teacher life. I also have to:
- Pack and move my husband
- Travel most weekends to see Ian
- Celebrate our first anniversary
- Deal with all things Young Womens
- Celebrate Ian's Graduation with family coming
- and move everything to Lloydminster
... I am thinking now I shouldn't have written this all down because now it seems so much more overwhelming. I do not ask for pitty though. I chose my career. This is a warning to all you pre-teachers out there... you will never be more busy in your entire life than your first years of teaching. It will remain that busy too if you are switching grades each year. So here is the future plan... find a nice, quiet public school where no one expects too much from you... teach grade 4 (not a provincial exam year -TRUST ME)... and keep teaching grade four until you retire. Good luck to you all!
2 comments:
Oh by the way Jen, the Relief Society Pres asked if you would plan and carry out a dinner for 100and also make a quilt all by April 30 and make dinner for the news sister in the ward that just had a new baby! HAHAHAHAHA....just kidding. It is a bummer that Ian has to off with out you....wish I was there to help!
Oh, teaching the same grade (in my case, same course) for your whole career doesn't really work cause then they go and throw new curriculum at you!! Not fair! Or teaching the course without a text book because the new one isn't ready yet. Not matter how long you teach for it's always tons of work!
Post a Comment