It was great fun to go with some new friends Kalinda and Lara (along with her 3 kids). They have been so welcoming in the short time I have been living in Lloyd and really helped to fill the emptiness that remained from leaving my friends in Calgary. I am excited to spend the summer hanging out with these lovely ladies.
It was so cute to see the girls watching their first parade. They seemed so confused as to why people were lined up along the street watching these weird cars as they drove past. I think the most confusing was when they started dumping out candy on the street. It didn't take them long to start filling their baggies with treats though. The innocence of children is such a blessing to see.
It was no Stampede or Klondike Days Parade, but it was fun and I was happy to be there with friends.







1 comment:
Sounds like you had fun! You will have to say hi to Lara for me!
Post a Comment