Thursday, July 16, 2009

The current state of things!


The baby room has very little in it currently but it is cluttered with boxes and stacks of things that will eventually have a place in the finished room. The plan... paint bottom 4 ft of wall white and put in wainscoting around room, put in crib, dresser (still need), rocking chair and nice big rug that matches baby bedding which I have yet to get. If the dresser thing doesn't work out then a built in closet system will probably be the choice! (man I only have 5 weeks to get this done?)


The other side of the baby room which I am using to iron material for my sisters baby blankets. It is a handy spot to use!


We got an awesome rug for our living room and actually put up some pictures on the walls... starting to feel homey.


My sewing table is still upstairs as I don't like spending hours in the cold dark basement. It will be moved though before baby comes. I am also sure that this space will end up being filled with baby things like swings, toys, rockers, etc.


The first of 2 blankets I am making for my sisters twins! Don't know the gender so stuck with some generic colours!


Our fabulous crib that I love, which currently is residing in our basement until the room is painted.


More baby things strewn around our house!


Our collection of boxes from our recent large purchases (washing machine, crib, stroller, car seat).


Yes the belly at 34 weeks and 5 days


Uncomfortable and ready for baby to come... well not READY cause her room isn't done but I want my body back.

Things are going well though. With school and our small trips over we are just relaxing in Lloydminster and enjoying the summer. No plans to go anywhere else, expect perhaps the occasionally shopping visit in Edmonton! Looking forward to the coming weeks and the arrival of our little girl! Thank you to everyone for the advice and well wishes.

2 comments:

Julie said...

AAAHH! I love seeing all the pictures of baby stuff around your house and the baby room getting ready :) thanks for posting them!

It looks like you're well on your way to being a fantastic mommy :D

the fellers said...

you look so cute, and it looks like things are coming together nicely, I cant wait to see the nursery. Also, your house is SO cute!