Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Hitting the wall...

I am definitely, officially, exhausted! I am feeling better now that it has almost been a week but I am not getting the sleep I need... nor am I taking advantage of Hailey's napping times. Silly me! I feel so good in the morning that I want to get up and shower and clean and be ready for the day then the afternoons get crazy and I don't have time to nap. I have currently been awake since 6 am and that was after a night of 'okay' sleep.

Anywho... I'm tired but that was to be expected. I need to make sure I nap and then I will be okay. I just wish Ian could be home all day, everyday then this would be so much simpler... right now I am just waiting for the weekend to get those extra hours my body is craving!!!!!

All you mom's out there rock! Especially those with more than one... how do you do it?!?

Here's a couple pictures (the only pictures) of me and Hailey... remember this is after 15 hours of labour, overnight. I was tired! The last pic is the realization that 'this is my baby girl'!



3 comments:

Lahni said...

Don't worry, it gets better. And in the end it's all worth it!

the fellers said...

it DOES get better, they get things figured out, the first while is ALWAYS the hardest....and you do it, and can do it, because you HAVE to do it, the Lord gives you the power! But seriously girl....SLEEP WHEN SHE SLEEPS! That is my secret and I am sure all the other mom's out there's secret...you will really miss not being able to sleep when the baby sleeps when you have another one...so take advantage, the clothes and dishes will still be there when you wake up...and I am sure she will let you put her down when she is awake to clean for a minute, take advantage of this! Please sleep! hehe...good luck!

Becky said...

I remember McKenna being way more work and I was way more tired than I am with Emmerson - not sure why that is especially because now when Emmerson's sleeping I still have McKenna to take care of, but the first baby seems to be more work and more exhausting. Good luck - get some sleep when you can.