Saturday, August 15, 2009

So.......

Was just hoping to check out some exciting new posts on other people's blogs to pass the time.... keep them coming. I need to live through other people's experiences since we didn't get much of a holiday this year.

We have been doing great though and have spent our summer fixing up some things in our house. You have all seen the baby room already.... jeeeesh, I can't wait to USE it! We also repainted and redid all the trim in our guest room downstairs. I went out and got some bedding and bathroom stuff today so that our soon to arrive guests have their own place to chill. Just need to clean up the basement bathroom and get the guest room moved down to it's new place. Perhaps I shouldn't procrastinate this too long or baby will be keeping me busy. That might mean that I could get visiting family to help out but I guess that defeats the point of being 'ready' for our guests to come.

We are expecting some very excited 'first time' grandparents, aunts, uncles and friends! I am really hopeful that my sister Stephanie can come be with us for a little bit before her twins arrive! How are we ever going to get together in Switzerland with all these little ones to travel with. Yikes.... anyone recommend a 10 hour flight with an infant?!?

Baby is set to arrive any day now and the prospects are looking fair for an early (or at least, on time) delivery. Ian has been finishing up his soccer season and just won the semi-finals in his men's league. The final is on Monday and he keeps thinking that this baby will come prevent him from playing in the city finals! I wonder if his priorities are a little mixed up?!? I think he is just trying to follow his father's lead... (he left Ian's mom at the hospital to play in a curling match). Silly boys! I figure we have hours warning and that he should be able to get through the last game with plenty time left over to witness the birth of his daughter... and hopefully rub my back a bit!!!!!!

I can't believe the time has come.... and how much is going to change in our lives very shortly! Can you ever really be prepared? I wonder if I will still sleep better not being pregnant but getting up with a baby... it is a trade off I think. Also... is it cruel of me that I don't want any visitors in the hospital after I give birth? Really I would like a whole week before the bombardment... not that I don't love my friends and family but I am thinking I won't be feeling in such 'tip-top' shape to humour visitors. I am thinking of you all and promise to post lots of pictures and information. Once I am recovered I am anxious to be out and about getting back in shape and introducing...... ____________ to the world. No we are still keeping the name a secret... jeepers... you need some sort of exciting news cause you know it is a girl already!

Love the isackson's

2 comments:

Lahni said...

Who knows if you'll have hours of warning. My sister's first baby came FAST and her second baby came even faster!
As for the sleeping, I always sleep better after the baby comes, even though getting up in the night is rough. I have problems sleeping already though (and have in all my pregnancies this early!) I also have a wonderful husband who once a week would take the night time feedings and let me sleep the night through!
Good luck, life is sooo different after that baby comes. I don't think you are ever prepared for the changes that happen after having a baby (even the second and third time around!) But it's totally worth it!

the fellers said...

no, you wont get much sleep for awhile, sleep when the baby sleeps, the work will wait and you wont be able to function if you dont get the sleep! I think the Lord prepares us for the baby by making us so uncomfortable during the last few weeks, so it isnt such a shock when you dont get sleep after, but do enjoy sleeping on your stomach again! i LOVED that and miss it when I am preggers! Good luck!