Thursday, September 3, 2009

Drama Queen

I have the most dramatic newborn in the history of the world! I can't believe the hysterics she gets into. Not even 5 min after she has woken up from her nap she is freaking out if food isn't in her mouth. I also get quite the attitude if I give her a soother instead of food. I bet you are thinking 'a newborn can't have attitude yet".... Oh MINE does! Her little pouts are already becoming well timed and she seems to have this innate sense of when she needs to flash that adorable smile of hers.

All I could think as I lay awake practically the whole night with her was "what have we created"! This little girl is definitely going to bring some adventure into our family and I am excited and terrified of what that might entail.

I can't wait till other people recognize this dramatic side of her and I don't feel so crazy for telling my 2 week old that she is 'being ridiculous and needs to chill'! The funny thing is that when I tell her this she stops her 'fake' crying and it turns into a 'but you still love me Mommy, right', whine!

Anyone want to take my baby today for a bit? I really might lose my mind!

5 comments:

Lisa C said...

She is so adorable! I love how we mommies can tell exactly what each cry means. Wish I was close enough to come hold her for you for a while.

the fellers said...

that is hilarious...the thing is, I totally believe you. Girls are 100% drama queen...atleast mine was/is! good luck! I LOVE my baby girl, but I keep telling my husband, that I woudl be ok with having more boys and no more girls, she is a handful!

Julie said...

ahhh!!! I forgot your blog doesn't go up on my list cuz you've gone private, but I'm caught up now, and your LO is beautiful!!! and I love that she goes from screaming drama to loving whines :) so cute!! wish you guys were still here!!

Lahni said...

I believe you about the attitude. I was able to recognize aspects of my kids personalities right from the start too.

tallmama said...

sure... you offer her up on a day i'm not in town ;)... next time for sure!
L