Friday, September 3, 2010

Hailey's first haircut

I know many of you are thinking... "does that kid even have hair?"  Of course!  She had 3 inch pieces right at the crown of her head and right at the back.  Everywhere else.... not even an inch yet.  Well she was starting to look like an old man so it was time to trim those long suckers.  Of course I didn't get a before pic.  It wasn't too bad dry as it has some curl to it but when it was wet it strangely reminded me of the Smeagol/Gollum transformation from LOTR.  (shudders at the thought)

Here are the after pics...(great I know)  getting a picture of the back of my daughters head was as difficult as cutting her hair.  She just kept turning around to see what I was doing.


No I am not a hair dresser... and no it isn't straight!

 I was lucky to catch a few clumps as Ian was casually brushing them aside.  Hello... her first hair cut!  Anyone knows you have to keep the hair!  I still love you sweetie!  We scrounged up enough for a keepsake.  Currently it is in a ziploc bag.  What else did you put your child's hair in?  This is kind of unglamorous!

Here is my big girl, wanting 'Uhg' (aka 'up')

2 comments:

Royall said...

I love that you saved her first locks of hair in a ziplock bag. So classic! I'd be too scared to trim Jonas' hair right now, he is so squirmy I'd be afraid I might cut him. It took me a couple months just to work up the courage to clip his fingernails!

Megan said...

I can't believe you used scissors! Brave lady! I just use clippers on my little men. If you keep on cutting her hair you will be good at it by the time it matters, right?