Please baby come out..... Mommy is tired! Oh wait, that may not help that situation very much now will it? I can at least look forward to being 1 million times more comfortable in the next 4 weeks. I'm hoping in 2 :) Of course I think I am more terrified of giving birth this time as I know what is coming. I find myself wishing for the ignorance of a first time parent again :) I was sent into the hospital last week for a NST to check on the baby because her heart rate was high (don't worry everything is fine)... but just being in the same room where Hailey was born brought EVERYTHING all back. Interesting how you forget about those things when cute chubby cheeks and little bums monopolize your thoughts!
Now the question is 'what do I do with this little lady when baby decides to come?' It was so much easier with the first delivery because I didn't have to care for another child. What do you do with your kids when you go into labour? I sure wish my Mom lived in the same city.
We are doing well though and are very excited to meet our new daughter/sister. I can't imagine what it will be like with 2..... heaven help us :)
7 comments:
Oh Jen, you look so great! I would bet that baby will be here in the next 2 weeks for sure. As for how to juggle 2 instead of 1, it comes naturally and you will see that your Hailey will become so grown up in a matter of weeks so enjoy this precious time with her. I can't wait to hear the news!
Oh, oh, oh. I know the feelings. Hang in there when each pregnant day feels like a week. Take it hour by hour and treat yourself to lots of bubble baths and smoothies :) You're almost there!
You look ready for the baby to come! I don't have any advise on what to do with two kids, but the labor anxiety... I haven't been where you are, but I read and LOVED "Ina May's Guide to Childbirth" by Ina May Gaskin. She is one of the best midwives in the US. I never took childbirth classes, but her book helped me find and face my fears and gave me ideas for handling labor that WORKED (until I failed to progress, which is another story...) I totally recommend it! (I plan to read it again for the next one.)
Best wishes for your birth! I hope it is a good experience and goes well. ♥
Anytime I even think about the room I gave birth to Jonas in my heart rate picks up and then I can imagine I smell the hospital and I start to feel nauseous. It's got to be easier the second time though right? Let me know if you need me to take Hailey while you and Ian are at the hospital. Maybe we should have a Jonas-Hailey playdate at my house this week so Hailey gets used to my house.
Hey Jen,
If you have visiting teachers or a RS friend who you would trust with Hailey, maybe plan for them to watch her when you go through labour. I know we were concerned about the mechanics of what to do with No.1 when No. 2 was making his entrance. People want to help. Don't worry about asking. Hang in there. It will soon be over.
I am so excited for you guys!! I've been there with the anxiety, but then when the time comes you'll forget about it. Just don't make the same mistake I did when I was pregnant with Keira. I looked up a birth video because I wanted to 'refresh' my memory. HA no. Don't do that, lol. It will be over before you know it and then we can all see that beautiful little girl!
I've also been there with not knowing what to do with your child/children. We were lucky enough that Sydell took Joslyn for us and kept her overnight when I went into labour.
I love your prego pic, you're so cute! Wish I was there, I'd totally take Hailey :) Miss you girl!
OH hey…..I don't live around any family either, but if people weren't offering then I just asked those whom I trusted and felt comfortable with. Some people are out of town around due dates, but I seriously compiled a list of people (1st choice, 2nd choice, 8th choice, etc..)…those I could phone during the day, during hte night, at any time. It helped ease my anxiety knowing my other kids would be taken care of. The last thing you want to worry about is anything besides labouring. :) Ammiright? Good luck, friend!
Post a Comment