Friday, September 16, 2011

Someone had a birthday!

our baby girl hailey is now 2 years old!  I am amazed at how much my life has changed in these last two years (and how little sleep I still continue to get).



We had a small birthday gathering with our friends which ended up being a little overwhelming for hailey.  Maybe next year it will just be us as she doesn't handle crowds well.  I am more surprised every month at how sensitive she is to everything, especially loud noises.

At 2 hailey is:
  • talking up a storm (really she never stops)
  • knows her numbers in order from 1-10
  • LOVES books
  • LOVES movies more (Toy Story, Tangled, Rio)
  • hates all bugs and freaks out when around them (might have gotten this from me)
  • is crazy obsessive compulsive - really - it is scary.
  • is very cautious and concerned for everyone
  • is usually very polite
  • has regular crazy tantrums (hello terrible twos)
  • no longer goes to bed easily
  • still often wakes up at night
  • can use an ipod touch like a pro
  • is 28 lbs
  • just got her first real haircut
  • is a loving big sister (but can't wait till Quinn can play with her)
  • LOVES to help daddy build and fix things - is wicked good with a hammer
  • is extremely emotional (the hardest thing for me to deal with)
We love her very much and look forward to the day when she doesn't cry more than 20 times in one day (not sure this will ever happen).

Happy (belated) Birthday Hailey!










4 comments:

tallmama said...

Happy Birthday Day Hailiey!!! (ahh the joys of an emotional child.. every family has at least one! guess who mine is :) )

kalinda said...

looks like you guys had fun. I love her kitchenette set and can't wait to get one for macie.

The Wolff Den said...

I hear ya loud and clear Jen! Zach and Hailey sound like two peas in a pod, he is very sensitive and prone to some wicked tantrums! I even took him to the doctor to see what I could do about it. :) Hang in there, and it looks like she had a great party!

Diana said...

Ahhh your girls are so cute and so big!! And Happy (late) Birthday to Hailey!