Monday, April 9, 2012

Photo Challenge

My friend Rhonda introduced me to this project (that one of her friends started), to take a new photo each week of a different aspect of our life.  The main goal of these photos is to show what our life is really like.... this means no cleaning up, dressing children or wiping dirty faces before clicking away.
 
Week one is a room in your house (or today your 'home away from home')

April Week One - Grandma's House


This is actually Grandma's backyard.... and that is Grandpa with Hailey!  We traveled to my parents for Easter this past weekend.  The girls love it and Hailey is a huge 'Grandma addict'.  As usual the girls both got sick right before we went (they are sick EVERY single time we go there - my brother doesn't believe they are ever healthy). This time it was croup.... and both got pretty bad.  Quinn had strider (narrowed airway with great difficulty breathing) which scared me pretty badly and we took her to the Stollery Children's Hospital to help her breathe easier.  Steriods, 2 breathing treatments and 6 hours later we were released.  Hailey's fever returned the same day and I am pretty sure she has an ear infection as well (these happen far too often, I am seriously considering tubes in her ears).  We are off to the Dr. this afternoon to check that out.

In the midst of the illnesses there were some fun moments.  Hailey had another uncontested Easter Egg hunt (she will have to fight Quinn off next year).  Ian and myself went to see Hunger Games... I'm not sure yet how I feel about it  (I have not read any of the books) and Hailey built her FIRST snowman.  Yes it may be a little sad that this is her 3rd winter and she had yet to build a snowman, go sledding or skating.  We will do the sledding and skating next year.... but it is pretty obvious I am not a winter person and even the thought of bundeling them all up, dragging them through the snow for 5 minutes before Hailey is already crying is not my idea of enjoyable.  I will be happy to take her out to play when she can walk through the snow by herself and pull her own sled!  (thank heaven it is spring).


We did have both girls out a few times this weekend for the cold air to help their croup.  Now we are back home in Lloydminster, I am sick with a  sore throat and sinus congestion, Ian is 'in charge' at work as both of his bosses are gone on vacation and the girls are frequently resting to pass by yet another illness.


When is nap time?

1 comment:

Just Rhonda said...

AWEsome shots!!! Looks like fun! :)