Sunday, April 28, 2013

Not much different here...

It appears we are dealing with the same sick little girl one month after my last post!  I am grateful, in the midst of more illness, that it seems to just be Quinn now who is getting 'knocked out' with infections.  Hailey is almost 4 now and her symptoms are generally pretty mild, or doesn't get the illness at all.  For that I am very grateful.
It is just the regular fever, cough, runny nose.  We are coping at a fairly normal level with a few more snuggles, more broken sleeping, less eating and quieter play.  By Friday though, I was pretty desperate to get out with some friends and had a great 'getaway' from the Isackson hospital for a few hours.


We couldn't be more thrilled that spring has arrived here.  It was +19 yesterday and we had a wonderful day playing outside and working a bit on the yard.  Our backyard is still too wet to rake so that will be a project for next week (or the week after - apparently it is supposed to snow tonight and tomorrow - geesh).

I am very excited for this summer!  For the nice weather, for our 2 week trip to BC, for more days at work and more days playing with the girls!  More than anything though I am excited that I have no babies under 2 yrs and am NOT pregnant.  I'm thinking it will be the best summer in 4 years :)

No comments: