Tuesday, July 15, 2008

New city, new haircut, new adventures...



It is a time of change for us Isackson's. We are settling nicely into our new apartment in Lloydminster. Ian has been working like a dog (the last 10 days straight, about 12 hour days) surveying the Husky pipeline in the city. He is now officially a Party Chief and is excited about the responsibilities that the position entails. Callings are coming our way in the next couple weeks but it is all very hush, hush so I will have to let you know later.

I also felt I was in desperate need of some attention to my hair and chopped a good portion of it off and am having fun with the new look (it is so sad that this is the exciting event in my life). I do admit that I am already getting bored in my summer holidays. Around week 3 is when it usually happens and I am determined to make use of my free time by working on some sewing projects, scrapbooking our wedding (finally) and applying for substitute teaching here in the fall.

I really don't have much time left this summer as we will be gone for the first 3 weeks of August on some real adventures. First we are off to Ian's hometown for a family reunion in Lillooet, BC for a very short weekend and then we rush back to Edmonton to fly straight to Switzerland to see my sister and brother-in-law. We are super psyched for this trip. We plan to see some of Germany, Switzerland and Italy while we are there. I can't wait to share the pictures and stories with you all.

That is about all that is happening right now but I will keep you updated on life with the Isackson's.

1 comment:

FamiLee said...

I love your haircut, you look so great! I can't believe you moved. Was that for Ian's work? Do you like it there? I hope all is going well for you.