I must say though that it is almost a relief being told that she can't have it. Then I am not stuck with the decision of whether I should have her get it. I must say that it broke my heart to hold Hailey down while she was poked in both legs. Why are those needles so LONG?!? Their legs are so tiny. I broke down when my little girl looked up at me (after the first one) with huge tears in her eyes and a moan that would tear anyone apart as if to say "Why Mommy? Why did you let them do this to me?" I almost cry just thinking about that little face. Next time I need Ian to come so that he can hold and comfort me.
So here we are, at home, staying healthy! And this is probably where we will be all winter. I hadn't wanted to be stuck at home with a baby all the time but I will suffer the temporary withdrawl from society to keep her healthy. I just can't bear to have a sick baby... especially when it seems like she has already been sick from the very beginning. It "only" took us 2 months to figure out that she has acid reflux AND is allergic to cows milk. Needless to say it hasn't been a very fun 2 months. Now that I am denied from eating anything I enjoy, Hailey is doing much better (short of the 7 mini eggs I ate yesterday as that is a temptation just to great for me to bare). I don't think nursing will last much longer though as I can't have ANY dairy, soy, citrus, tomatoes or eggs. I stare in the pantry everyday wondering what the HECK I can make without any of those ingredients. It is sad! Pretty much everything I eat now is made of rice... yippee :(
This is our baby at almost 12 weeks old!


3 comments:
I just got my vaccine last week and the nurse told me that my baby would have passive immunity from me being vaccinated. She said that as long as I was nursing after she was born, the baby would continue to be immune. So if you were to get the vaccine and are still breast feeding, Hailey would be protected. Then you wouldn't have to worry as much. That being said, I plan on keeping my baby away from anyone who hasn't been vaccinated until flu season is over. I kept Denver out of nursery today just to allow his vaccine to kick in. Mostly I don't want to get the flu because it's been really hard on pregnant women - I don't need to take that chance!
Stay Healthy :)
we eat a lot of stir fry... if you haven't already done that... eeek it sounds like your options are really limited!
I love the pic of her smiling, so cute :)
shots are the worst...and just so you know, for me, they never got better, I still have a hard time seeing my kids get shots, but when scoty got his 2 month shots, it was THE hardest, but it is always hard to see your kids in pain, even if it is only 10 seconds. Anyway, you asked what you can do to prevent her from getting H1N1...I have heard that breast milk is the best thing to protect babies from illness, they get a lot of anitbodies or something from it, and it is a GREAT blocker of illness...so if I was you, I would hold out as long as you can....but I totally get how hard it would be to not eat all that stuff...hopefully she grows out of that allergy! oh and the staying home thing, when you have a baby in utah, you usually dont leave the house with that baby for like 3 months, especially in the winter, so I think it is great that you stayed home, Shon and I started to learn to trade off sundays, so would could at least take the sacrament once every 2 weeks!
Post a Comment