Thursday, May 13, 2010

I hate POOP!

First off.... CRANKY morning! I have the joy of being woken up every 3/4 hrs to deal with Hailey in the night. When did my 'newborn' come back? I haven't slept 8 hrs straight since she was born 9 MONTHS AGO! It is a big guessing game trying to figure out what the big problem is now (because there always is one). Usually it is teething... and still is right now as she had a tooth come through a couple days ago and more on the way. I think also it is a cold! ANOTHER ONE! Hailey has been sick for months it seems. We have maybe a week or two between colds and I am SO TIRED of it. Do most babies get sick this often? She didn't have a single illness until she was 6 mths old but now it never ends. I am almost determined to keep her out of public (almost). ALSO she has this dang diaper rash that never seems to go away. It has been months of it... almost healing and then it flairs up again.... not to mention THE POOP. This kid is pooping like crazy (I'm sure doesn't help the diaper rash). I am sick of getting poop everywhere... of her kicking legs that like to dip right in or kick the dirty diaper off the table. I use so many wipes it is RIDICULOUS and switched from Pampers to Huggies in hope of helping the rash problem.

Needless to say I am TIRED! Being tired makes me cranky... being cranky makes me a bad mom. Who yells at a nine month old for pooping? Honestly.... I just need to sleep.... a WHOLE night without disruption. I am so tired all the time that I never feel like doing all the things I need to do. Of course I wish I could sluff off on the cooking or cleaning (really - the cleaning is mandatory for me) so that means that church stuff is tossed aside. It is a good day if I pray at anytime other than a meal. A really good day if I read any type of gospel material (scriptures included). And a miracle if we were to EVER have family home evening (does it count that I am usually home with my family every evening?). Not to mention the calling (yes Lara I know you are freaking out at this point.... I am working on it...). I wish I could just go away for a couple days without Hailey and Ian (the snoring doesn't help the sleeping issue). But of course I can't leave my baby... I would probably just be awake all night worrying about her anyways.

Sigh... I HATE TEETHING.... and poop.

Does it ever end? (I know the poop doesn't ;)

8 comments:

Megan said...

I used to get like that. It's hard to have a good day when you are so tired. Sleep when she sleeps. Even if it means mess in your house and take out for supper.

the fellers said...

I am sorry....sometimes it is SO dang fetching hard...as for the diaper rash, my kids get them ALL THE TIME...well, not Scoty anymore cause he isnt in diapers, but Rylee and Scoty used to....I finally found something that will clear it up fast...I use peneten cream, like REALLY slather it on there, and then cover it with corn starch. The corn starch will absorb the moisture from the pee, keeping it from the rash and taking off the cream, and then the cream can do its job, it really works so good for us, in fact Rylee is just getting over one, and that is what we use. We keep a separate corn starch in with the diaper stuff with a spoon! If she is teething, that is probably why she is pooping so much and has a diaper rash, they come hand in hand...really, I would say let Ian deal with it one night, he can go one night without sleep, sleep in the basement or something, you need sleep cause you will be more of a hinderance then a help if you have no sleep, LET THE CLEANING GO and NAP DURING HER NAP TIME! Seriously girl...you need sleep or you are no good......it is so hard, but it will be so worth it in the end!

Lahni said...

Welcome to parenthood! I think we all go through cycles of loving being a mom and hating life as a mom. I know I do!
As for the diaper rash, just look for something with a really high percentage of zinc oxide. We found one with 40% in Canada. I think you can find even higher percentages in the US. One of my boys had a nasty one and we tried all the super expensive sensitive skin ones and nothing worked. Finally I just bought the one with the highest percentage of zinc oxide (and it was one of the cheaper brands) and it cleared up pretty quickly.
Just hang in there. Things'll get better (and then they'll get worse and then they'll get better and then they'll get worse...)

tallmama said...

NO not freaking out :)I know how it is.
Hey you are more than welcome anytime to come have a 'sleep over'!! then you are close to home if you *have* to go back (or just for the peace of mind)

We have the guest room, you can lock your self in there, read, veg what ever! Or we can have a girl night and do facemasks and paint our toes :).

You will be AMAZED at what one night away will do! You will feel like a new woman, and a better mom. Ian can handle it, you need to take care of you!!
{{hugs))

Just Rhonda said...

I think you should take a break too! It might be hard the first time away from her but the second it'll be NO PROBLEM! And yes going without sleep is SO HARD!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Wolff Den said...

Lack of sleep brings out the worst in us sometimes...I am the first to admit that! It'll get better Jen, promise.

Royall said...

Jen, I just read the nasty blog comment while I was on Matt's facebook. It was so out of line and untrue. Hailey is very lucky to you for a mom and I am very lucky to have you for a friend I can vent to about my baby troubles. Keep the blog posts coming, I love reading them.