Thursday, February 3, 2011

So blessed!


My heart is truly grateful today for the blessing these people have been in my life!  Being a mother and a wife has been the biggest challenge and blessing. 

Last week when Hailey was helping me unload the dishwasher (one of her favourite tasks) I felt like I should really thank her for her help.  I often thank Hailey throughout each day as she does nice things because I want her to demonstrate the same behaviour but this time I felt that I needed to do more than just say the words.  I squated down beside her and asked Hailey to look me in the eyes.  She did and I told her what a great helper she was and how grateful I am that she always wants to help.  The love I saw in her eyes melted my heart.  I think I felt in that moment how much our Father in Heaven loves his children.  She gave me the biggest smile and an even bigger hug and went about playing.

The sweet tender spirit Hailey brings into our home is a treasure.  She is so loving.  I am so lucky to be her Mama :)

Ian is my best friend..... that sounds lame... I have always thought that phrase sounds lame.  He is more than that.  He is MINE and I can't imagine a day without him.  He has risen to such great heights as a father and husband.  He is so loving and works so hard.  I never get tired of talking to him and I love that we never run out of things to say.  I love how he drives me crazy pushing my buttons because it keeps things fun (I still hate the tickling/pinching Ian ;).  I love how he plays with his whole heart with Hailey and teaches her all about 'man' things.  I love how he takes care of me and thinks I am beautiful even when I go a month without dressing up.  He sacrifices so much (mainly soccer time) to make sure I have some time for me.  He is mine and I will never be whole without him.

1 comment:

tallmama said...

Are you buttering him up for a good valentines present, lol- Just kidding.
That is so sweet, brought a tear to my eye. I can't think about how much I love my kids with out getting teary-eyed. Don't even get me started if I were to loose Jayme-- uhg.
Hailey is blessed to have parents who love and care for each other, I think that is the best gift parents can give their children!