Friday, February 25, 2011

A week at home

Hailey and I came down with a nasty cold on the weekend.  We have been recuperating and relaxing at home ever since.  I realized today that I only left the house once to get more formula from the store AND I don't think I have put on any real clothes and have spent more than 1 day bra-less.  I think we have watched Toy Story 3 at least 5 times, had naps together (but not together because Hailey has never slept in our bed - just same time ;), I have made 1 dinner, cleaned 3 bathrooms and built Hailey's new dresser.  We are feeling better now but still sound pretty aweful with 'man-voice' and lots of coughing/sneezing.  I am starting to get bored now and am contemplating getting Hailey's big girl room all set up and ready so that I can get the babies room ready.  Is it too soon?  Next week marks the official entry into the 3rd trimester... so 3 months is fairly soon right?  I better be prepared ;)

Here are some pictures of her new bed/dresser



We ended up getting the toddler bed instead of a twin this time.  We figure the kids will keep bumping up from toddler to twin and I feel safer with Hailey in a smaller/lower bed.  The next room also won't fit 2 twins but will hold a twin and a toddler bed once the girls are sharing.  With the toddler bed means special sized bedding and I wasn't sold on the bright, crazy colours ikea was offering.  I am thinking I will make my own sheet/comforter sets and then plan the room decor around that.  So far all we have is white (a blank slate).  I am super excited.  So many options!  We will still probably use the crib until after the baby comes so we will move it into the next room and use a bassinet for baby 2. 


Considering the -40 temps outside I wouldn't say it wasn't such a bad week :)

1 comment:

tallmama said...

I would totally do it now while you have the motiviation + energy!!
Fitted sheets are crazy easy to make too! jUst google instructions! It's so fun (re)decorating eh? One of the ++'s to moving I guess :)
I love the bra-less comment too :)