Sunday, March 4, 2012

baby Learning Curve

Now that I am a mother of two children I have come to realize there is a 'learning curve' (that point you reach when you feel like you can cope with a change of plans, take the child/children out at least twice in one day and actually get your hair and make up done to leave the house).

With Hailey I didn't get to that point until she was 10 months old!  Man was she a handful.  She cried a WHOLE LOT.  It was partially tummy problems (with a milk intolerance) but I have come to learn it is mostly personality.... she still cries a lot.  That feeling of 'having it all together' didn't last long as I was pregnant again just a few months later and so ill.... then along came Quinn and she is a happy girl, but a newborn is still very high maintenance.  If she had been my first child I am sure I would have had things together much sooner but I felt like a chicken with its head cut off until Quinn was 8 months old.

I think with the third child I should be able to be back on my feet by the 6 mth mark..... in another 2 years when Hailey is in Kindergarten!

How long did it take you to feel like you could go about daily life without an anxiety attack?


4 comments:

Jenny Fitzner said...

whenever I get asked that question I try to think back, but it all seems like one big chaotic blur. I also think it was a gradual thing for me. I slowly got back into the groove of things.

Kara said...

longer with each child added. :) With my 3rd who is now 18 months....now about 50% of the time I feel like I have it together....but I think that's only because #1 is in all day kindergarten! lol. I guess the biggest change is that I've let go of MANY things that I had previously deemed important as part of the day/week. Letting those things go has also made so much more time for just 'mom and children' time and that in and of itself has made for a happier home life. Worth it for us.

Lahni said...

The third was the absolute worst for me. Going from two to three was a HUGE jump. Even though my second needed a lot of extra attention and surgeries and doctors appts. he was easy compared to the third. In fact - he was probably the easiest of the three. Maybe it was because I had no choice but to have it all together because he did need all that extra?
The third nearly killed me though and my oldest was at school all day long!

tallmama said...

ya, 3 is a jump... didn't really feel like my head was above water till maybe 6m before we moved?? but it is hard to remember, as it is a big blur! Even now maybe have it together 50-60% of the time??? lol