I have a really hard time listening to people say things are 'so easy' when I find them SO hard!
Our life experiences are all so different. No 2 people experience this life exactly the same as another and we also have all come to this Earth with different skills, talents and abilities. I remind myself of this everytime I hear about someone experiencing things really easy, or really hard. I hear daily of families struggling with loss, illness, accidents and evils inflicted by others. My heart breaks for them.... and I know I couldn't even begin to cope with such tragedies (though I know I can't escape them forever).
I'm sure my 'issues' with hearing of others 'easy going' lives all have to do with pride (or most likely jealousy). I'm working on it. I'll try not to hate you for your happiness ;)
1 comment:
I think sometimes we look back on things we went through in life too and we remember them differently than the way they actually happened. When you go through something really difficult, it usually makes you stronger so you may look back on the event and remember it being easier than it actually was at the time. For example, having a newborn - with each one of mine I've thought "Wow, this one is even more difficult than the last" but now that I look back at it, it doesn't seem like it was that hard. We tend to forget things like that too. Potty training in another example - I think I've repressed the difficulties of potty training and think it's way easier than it is until I start again (which I've been trying to force myself to do for the past three weeks - it's totally not happening!)
Anyway, now that I've written you any entire essay - I think you're right - some things are easier for others but I also think that some of those people that say things are so easy are either lying or they've forgotten.
Post a Comment