Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Potty Training

Uhg....

You're right!  Keeping Hailey is diapers was easier ;)  Potty training is NO fun....

Hailey is fairly co-operative and has been pretty good 'training'.  She has wanted to go potty and wear panties and (once she was ready) hasn't refused to go.  Yes there have been accidents of both varieties (which I would rather clean up than puke) but that isn’t the frustrating part.

It is the constant back and forth to the toilet, no matter what you were in the middle of.  It is the waiting and checking and reading and waiting.  It is the running out of the bathroom with poop on her bum/hands telling me that she pooped and I should come see…. Most of all it is the new ‘excuse’ to get out of bed that I can’t refuse her because she is learning to control her body (even if she really doesn’t have to go and just wants out of bed).  That is what makes me snap!

I am so proud of Hailey!  She tells me when she needs to go (most of the time), she stays dry through naps and nighttime and she loves her big girl panties!

We aren’t past accidents yet and that is okay.  She will get there and in the meantime I am trying my best to remain patient with the 300% increase in daily bowel movements.



2 comments:

tallmama said...

I can't belive she's in panties??!! Time goes so fast. So very glad we are done with the potty training.. I agree it's easier them in diapers then the constant trips/checking etc, but she'll get there!

Anonymous said...

Jonas has been reading that exact same book on his potty! He only sits on it for treats. He hasn't officially done his business in the potty yet. Baby steps. But I can only imagine how real potty training is much more work than diapers! I'm kind of dreading it to be honest.