I've never been a big fan of Halloween. Probably because I don't like anything scary. I only did what I had to do to get that candy, which was to put on something that would 'pass' as a costume and take my pillowcase to every door I was brave enough to approach.
I still don't really care about it, and I guess my children will likely sufffer for it but really it isn't a 'real' holiday. I personally wouldn't care if the whole thing was canceled all together. I can buy them whatever candy they want at anytime of the year! But, until that day where we FINALLY teach our children not to take candy from strangers, I guess I will comply... with store bought costumes, a box of candy and one really sad looking carved pumpkin!
I do enjoy those cute pictures of the kids though :)
Does anyone else think Halloween is lame? Probably not!

5 comments:
I am NOT a huge fan of it either! We don't celebrate it in Tahiti. I do buy the candies and carve a pumpkin if I feel like it but hate the dressing up part. I will however take my kids trick or treating when they are old enough and just do like you buy candies and store bought costumes. Some people think I am lame because of it but I really don't care, LOL!
ME!!!!! I am a proud halloween scrouge as well! haha the only thing i like about it is pumpkin carving mostly just for the pumpkin seeds. :)
I liked being able to go door to door when I was a kid. back then there were 2 or 3 houses in the neighbourhood who's lights were off and didn't participate. Last year it was 2 or 3 houses who had lights ON and were participating. It's not the same at all.
I'll still take my kids to a few houses but we would rather go to family Halloween parties.
I'm definitely not a fan of scary/demonic things. I was going to ban the day altogether until I decided that we could still have fun with the pumpkin/harvest aspect. Through the years we've added things the kids look forward to....if you'd like a list just lemme know :)
I know a family that the deal is that each kid picks out a box of candy and they spend the night watching movies together eating candy they actually like. No costumes, no trick-or-treating, quality family time. The kids love it, the mom loves it, so why not? You totally have to find what works for your family and do it!
Post a Comment