Monday, January 26, 2015

Touch

I don't like to be touched!  

Sad, I know. I'm sure it stemmed from being the fourth baby in 5 yrs.  I am told my 3 big sisters had the mumps when I was born so I was sequestered alone in my room to keep me healthy. Don't get me wrong I wasn't neglected or starved... Just not carried around a lot. 

It never bothered me. I liked to be alone, and still do if I ever get the chance. Of course this is rare... Especially now with a newborn. 

Turns out newborns are super needy and require a lot of touching ;) ... Feeding, burping, changing, bathing. I'm feeling super smothered right now.  I felt the same way with all my babies. 

Luckily the baby stage is short lived. I love my sweet boy and in a way am already mourning that he is growing but I am more grateful to see the boy and man he will become. 


No comments: