Monday, September 15, 2008

Waiting...

Summer has ended and I find myself still waiting.... waiting for something to keep my days busy and not so self centered. It is wonderful to sleep in everyday as long as I like and do what I want at any time but it isn't very fulfilling. I had my two months off from teaching during the summer, which was somewhat busy, with a move to a new city and a trip to Switzerland, but I am still amazed with how much time I spent doing 'nothing' (at least nothing useful eg. tv, internet, reading). Looking back there is so much I could have done and accomplished during that wasted time but I was severely lacking the motivation. It is hard to go out and make new friends, find new jobs and to develop talents and serve.

I have been blessed in the, almost 3 months I have lived here, with good friends, a comfortable home, a quiet city and a happy husband. It is fairly close to my family and far enough away from the craziness of traffic and year-round construction.

Since school started in September I have been really missing the feeling of 'helping others' that was so prevalent as a teacher. I miss knowing that I was an important part of a group and that I had an impact, perhaps forever, on the lives of so many. Not knowing what was awaiting us here in Lloydminster we had decided that I would just substitute for the school year. I have been hired but put off the paper work I should have done during the summer, that would allow me to teach in a Saskatchewan school district. So I find myself waiting for the document to come in the mail that will finally let me work and take my mind off the nothingness that seems to be my life at the moment.

Don't pity me though as I have been mostly happy here and like the smaller city life. I have just been focused on me for too long. I am excited for the recent call I have to be the Young Women's President here in the Lloyd branch and hope that serving these wonderful girls will put some fire back into me. I am just sooooooo ready for change and hope that me, myself and I can leave my thoughts for awhile.

Thanks to all you friends and family who have kept in touch, gotten to know me, sent me messages, phone calls and love and support since we left Calgary and came to Lloydminster.

2 comments:

Julie said...

I hope that you get what you're waiting for! *big hugs*

Becky said...

Hey Jen! I'm glad I found you on here. Enjoy all the time to yourself - one day you'll miss it.