Monday, February 8, 2010

Lucky girl!



Good thing this little girl is cute! It is what protects her from a very cranky Mom who is so far beyond exhausted. I thought sleeping through the night was supposed to happen once they got older. Hailey is worse now than she ever was waking up EVERY 3 hrs or less. Think about how you might feel after 6 months of no more than 6 hrs of sleep in a row. How can I get this baby to sleep through the night?!? PLEASE HELP!





5 comments:

Megan said...

Every kid is so different! Benson didn't sleep through the night until he was 23 months old. Emmett is still up twice a night to eat. It is really hard to be perpetually tired!

Becky said...

Try the book: Babywise - by Dr. Ezzo. Me and lots of other moms swear by it.

tallmama said...

I have an online book that I can email you, that got me thru Ella's ruff patch (19m-26m) and finally got Jett thru the night (I was up 2-3x with him till he was 10m then I decided I had ENOUGH!)
I don't think I have your reg. email.. email me and i'll send it to you. tall.gibbATshaw.ca
Also Heather has the babywise book I think if you want to borrow it.

Lahni said...

I second the Babywise suggestion. All of my kids were sleeping six hours by 12 weeks. Denver was 8 and Emma's already doing it (four weeks tomorrow). Basically what I got from it is that the schedule is eat, play, nap. Never eat, nap, play. And another important thing I learned is that you have a little going to bed routine - like swaddling or something and put the baby down awake - don't rock her to sleep. I wait until Emma is drowsy, then swaddle her and put her down. Sometimes she'll cry for 2 seconds but then she usually goes right to sleep and I usually have to wake her up for her next feeding (unless the boys do it for me!)
That being said, some kids are just better sleepers than others and I've been lucky enough to have good ones!

the fellers said...

I never read any books or anything, but with both of my kids, I just had to let them cry, they are big enough to go that long without food, and they have trained you. A LOT of people are totally against this, but I NEVER went in the room with the kids, I just had to let them cry, Scoty took a couple of nights, Rylee took one night, yes, she they both cried for a couple of hours, or maybe three, but then they just did it, it was THE HARDEST thing EVER...to let them cry and not go comfort them. I didnt sleep at all the whole time, but those few hours without sleep were worth it, because now when they wake up they soothe themselves back to sleep, cause they learned what to do, and they go to bed A LOT easier too, for the same reason, you can totally disregard this, cause it is Nazi-ish, but it worked for me!