Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Why didn't I do this sooner?



We started a bed time routine again for Hailey last night! I know you are thinking... "what you haven't done this yet?" Not true. We used to do a routine when she was 3 mths old but once she started teething everything was out the window (oh and she HATED bath time so that was out too). Of course we didn't plan on the 2 mths straight of teething followed by a cold that destroyed all semblance of normalcy. Well, she is 6 mths old now, has 2 teeth in, likes bathing again and has recovered from her cold. IT IS TIME! So after a couple nights in Edmonton of her lasting the whole night without eating I knew I better carry the pattern on.

Last night at 8 pm we fed her, bathed her, read her a story, sang a song and put her in bed at 8:30 pm. SHE DIDN'T MAKE A PEEP. Good heavens, if only this had worked the past few mths. She slept straight until 5am without a sound. That meant that I slept 6 hrs straight without interruption. BEST SLEEP EVER! (okay, well the best in the last 6 mths). I went in her room snuggled a minute, changed her diaper and had her back in bed. She stayed in bed until 8 am. I would call that a success!!!!! Too bad I couldn't go back to sleep after 5 am. I felt so rested!

This was just one night though. I am hopeful that things will continue and I will indeed get 8 hrs of sleep straight very soon.

3 comments:

tallmama said...

"like"!!

Just Rhonda said...

ah sleep. I need some too!! Train her!! I totally slacked on Eli (while I was a sleeping nazi with the other two) and now I am paying for it!

the fellers said...

just continue it! YAY for success, and DONT GIVE IN!!!