I could not be more frustrated with Hailey's refusal to nap this afternoon. It was a 2.5 hr battle and she is still awake. Normally I would just let her stay up but I so desperately needed a nap myself that I wouldn't let her... of course I just kept getting angrier and angrier. I was repeating in my head "don't hurt your child, don't hurt your child"... I think I am still saying it. I should have quit before I started because neither of us got any sleep and I just got angry :(
4 comments:
I totally relate, Jen. With three now, I never get a nap. Do I need it? More than when I had one, for sure. Days blend into months. I can't believe Jayson and I have been married 6 years. Feels like a blink and eternity at the same time. I remember when the first stopped napping. I was pregnant and she was crazy. Frustrating time in life. Sometimes I literally crashed on he couch and hoped she survived on her own for 3o minutes. And she did. Sometimes I used movies, too. Rambling now, but you'll figure out something as your little one grows out of the luxurious nap zone :) Hugs!
HELLO! what are friends for, CALL ME-- drop her off! It's for your sanity! we've all been there...don't let this happen again Jen...
Everyone, EVERYONE, has moments like that. EVERYONE. What makes you a good mom is that you didn't shake her. You're allowed to have bad minutes. I have them all the time. Tomorrow will be better.
I know some people might disagree with this but if you need a nap that bad just put her in her crib (is she still in her crib?) with some toys and go lay down. Even if she's not happy about it, she'll survive and everyone will be happier in the end.
Post a Comment