Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Must get to the BBQ

So as you have seen in this previous post...   it has snowed a TON!  That wasn't even the total accumulation of snow we have gotten since then.  Needless to say I thought our BBQ was LOST FOREVER (ok maybe just till spring).  But of course, me being pregnant, I started really wanting a nice medium rare steak with Montreal Steak Spice, that only Ian can make right!!!!!!

It pursuit of this goal ;) I planned a steak night on our weekly meal plan (created by my dear friend Rhonda).

side note - I have been using this meal plan for many months now (a year maybe?) and I love it.  I had made a set of 'regular use' plans that I would rotate through but I found I would rather make a new menu every week that applied to our schedule and included regular new menu items.


Steak night is TONIGHT!!!!! and I did remember the trouble of the buried BBQ in advance.  I trudged through the untouched knee/waist deep snow in my backyard just to get to the deck.  It was so nice out but I decked out in full snow gear to avoid getting wet from the deep snow.

DISCLAIMER:  Ian advised against me shovelling in 'my condition' but I wanted to try and said I would do what I can!  Ian DOES NOT make his pregnant wife shovel a meter of snow.  He is wonderful and kind and has shovelled 99% of the snow all winter.

I made pretty good progress... it actually cheesed me off that I couldn't finish it all.  In the midst of this snow hauling I looked up at my neighbours deck and was shocked to see not a single spot of snow on it..... NONE... crazy.  They must have kept up with the snowfall so they could BBQ all winter long too :)  So this is what has been done and I am leaving the rest for Ian to finish before he fires up the grill.  Hopefully he can handle it ;)



oh and now we can escape out our back-door in case of emergency.  I am pretty much a hero :)

4 comments:

Ian Isackson said...

That's a lot of snow! Good work babe.

Kara said...

hehe. Good job, it looks dense. Which equals extra heroness.

tallmama said...

How high is it? You need to measure it! That looked like it was ALOT of work! I think you deserve a back rub/foot rub or what ever your pleasure is tonight! (by Ian, I personally am not offering :) lol )

Royall said...

Is the meal plan a pdf file? If so pass along! And a huge thanks again for watching Jonas on Friday! I was having so much fun I actually forgot to worry about him ;)