Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Yay for February!

I'm mostly thrilled because this means we are one month closer to SUMMER!!!!!!!  Oh sunshine and warm weather.... how I have missed you :)

We have been busy at our house enjoying each others company these past few weeks.  Hailey and Ian have been playing up a storm, we have been cooking together and doing our best to get out of the house.  Ian comes to pick us up at any time of the day then we promptly take him back to work so we can have a vehicle.  It has been a huge blessing for my sanity (Hailey's too I am sure) and it only takes a coffee break from Ian's day.  Thank you sweetheart for helping me get out of the house :)

This weekend we pulled out Grandma Ethel's bun recipe to make flapjacks (scones) and buns.  Yummy!  Grandma you have great buns :)  H of course was right in there helping too!






This morning our street was FINALLY ploughed (first time all winter).  We had a good 5-6 inches of packed, bumpy, rutted snow all over the street which wasn't very fun to drive through.  H and I watched for over an hour as the ploughs went past at least a dozen times, along with numerous trucks to be filled with snow.  Just before lunch the digger finally got to the pile in front of our house and we watched excited as it filled the trucks with snow!!!!!  I got so distracted that I forgot to take a picture ;)  Every time a vehicle went past out of sight Hailey said 'go?, go?' with her arms held out.  So cute!

Looking forward to warmer weather each week so that we can go and play outside everyday!  I miss my walks too.

3 comments:

Lisa L said...

Those look DELICIOUS

Kelly said...

oh my! those buns look to die for! RECIPE DEMANDED! (with a little please :)

Anonymous said...

Those scones look yummy! And so do the buns! I think I'll have to make buns this week now, lol.
And this is the first time they've scraped the roads? That is crazy! I can't believe you guys haven't had a bunch of accidents on the street. They're out plowing ours as soon as it begins to snow, lol. Of course we're 'mountain' country, so perhaps that is the difference. Either way, I can't wait for summer either!! :) Miss you!