I haven't... yet! So why am I up 5 times a night with my 18 mth old? Arg. I miss sleeping. I think I need to read that sleep book again and become the 'mean mom' who ignores her crying child. I'm excited to be the 'mean mom' who gets more than 40 min of sleep in a row. At least a new baby won't be a shocking transition :)
2 comments:
Benson seriously didn't sleep through the night until he was 23 months old. And that took WORK to accomplish. Some kids just won't sleep. How you handle it is up to you, but not every kid responds to "sleep training" and the suggestions of well intended friends and in laws... Find something that works for you and do it- NO GUILT!
That's how I felt going from #1 to #2. The sleep wasn't much a factor. My #3 is almost 6 months and still getting up way too often (I get a solid 3 or 4 on a good night) and I'm almost at the point where I'm going to let him start crying it out. It breaks my heart too much so I haven't done it yet.
Post a Comment