Friday, March 20, 2009

Almost half-way



I'll be 18 weeks on Sunday and it is quite a relief to know that I am almost half-way through this pregnancy. I am hoping the second half is far better than the first cause these last 2 months (Jan/Feb) were just torture. I was just beginning to enjoy being pregnant when new symptoms came along, mainly the disrupted sleep due to frequent eating/peeing, the food that is coming back up a little too easily when I lie down, the headaches (which haven't been too frequent yet but I am keeping an eye on it), the continued digestion issues, the skin which I am beginning to feel get quite tight and the feeling of exploding from the inside. Not to be the complaining one as I am ever so grateful that we have been blessed with this child in the first place. It just goes to show how desperately bored I am with nothing else to occupy my thoughts.

I have developed a sudden need to move into a house right away and am going stir crazy in this apartment (I haven't had any sub calls this week and NEED to get out of the house more). It seems I always have an excuse not to do things.... Hopefully that will change though as I have applied for another teaching position that starts in April till the end of the school year. This should be sufficiently distracting and give me something else to talk about besides feeling yucky.

We find out in 10 days the gender of our baby and though I am confident it is a boy it will still be a surprise! Ah, I'm so excited. I had a dream the other night though that I had a girl and I was really ticked off.... rest assured I would be very excited if it was a girl too. P.S. I can't believe the crazy dreams I have been having! Still haven't felt little Bean move yet but I am 'listening' for when that will happen.

Anywho... nothing else to talk about I guess. I think I will have some ice cream and a nap... though I should really visit the gym before the rest of my body tries to catch up to my stomach!

2 comments:

Brandy said...

aaawwww... jen... what a cute prego belly. i bet you're having a girl!

Just Rhonda said...

your belly is totally cute!!!! Can't wait to see who you're gonna have!