


It was tiring but it was worth it!I knew as we prepared to leave, with Ian and myself sick already, that it would hit Hailey while we were gone. Sure enough she started to cough and had a fever most of the weekend. It is so sad to see your little ones suffering.
We were a little worried that sleeping would be a problem as Hailey only seems to sleep in her crib at home. We tried to get a suite so that at least we could put her in a separate room so we wouldn't wake our 'light sleeper'. The hotel was fully booked but we lucked out with a large walk in closet. It worked like a dream. The best part was that it was pretty sound proof. We could hardly hear when she was crying (I promise she was not neglected).
She survived the drive there and back fairly well but had a meltdown each day. It was nothing that a nap couldn't fix. I attempted to go to most of the events I was signed up for but gave up on Friday and just stayed in the hotel room with Hailey so she could sleep. On Friday night was the big formal dinner and dance which I was definitely NOT taking Hailey too. We were one of the 2 couples who brought their babies. Thankfully we had Ian's sister in Regina who offered to babysit.
Now it is sad to admit but that was the first time Hailey was babysat by someone besides my Mom or a close friend (for a short amount of time). I felt terrible leaving her, especially since it was the first time she met her aunt, but mostly because she doesn't do well with anyone but Mom. I called a few times during the evening to find that she was indeed having a rough time. Luckily auntie figured out a walk was a good idea which turned the table. She was fine after that and fell asleep. I still felt guilty the whole night 'abandoning' her so we had one dance and went to pick her up. I am proud of myself for leaving her (even for only 3 hrs). It is a start. Hopefully it gets easier and Hailey gets used to other people besides me. Thanks a bunch Auntie!!!!!
We are happy to be home and know that next year we will be doing this event without the baby. You can watch her for a weekend, right Mom?!?!?
1 comment:
I hear you on the feeling guilty for leaving her with someone. I did that when my girl was 7 months. We were gone for 3 and 1/2 hours and she screamed the WHOLE time. poor thing was so exhausted and I felt bad for weeks.
Looking back it's not so bad because I needed the time out and about and there is no shortage of attention on her when your back with her again :-)
Post a Comment