Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Yay, it worked!!!!!!!!

Yes I did it... I left a bottle in bed overnight, for my baby. Yes I know it will rot her teeth... but having her stay in bed, without me having to get up, for a whole night makes those little teeth a worthy sacrifice! Ok, really I'm not going to go crazy about it. I have no intention of sacrificing those little teeth but after 9 months of wandering like a zombie I was willing to take the risk. Of course it wasn't all perfect as the extra fluid resulted in a diaper overflow and the necessity to clean all of her bedding... not something I want to repeat every morning. But IT WORKED. I got to stay in bed from 11:30 pm until 8:00 am.

Sigh :) maybe I can just get a larger size of diaper to hold more ;)

Onto other news...

Could this rain PLEASE STOP?!?!?!? Did I move to Vancouver in the winter without realizing it? We finally got our top soil delivered yesterday to put in our raised garden bed (yes it is still unplanted) but it is supposed to rain for the next 3-4 days still. I think we will just get out in the muck tonight and do it anyways. Here is to hoping that we can still have a harvest.

I think we are now an 'illness free' home (knock on wood)! And we will be going to baby group today. We shall see what Hailey brings home with her this time.

T- 41 days until Steph comes! Yay for our baby union (can't be a re-union as they have never met).

Speaking of reunions... my 10 yr was last week (didn't go). I guess hitting the bars is still 'cool' to my 28 yr old ex-classmates. LAME! When did we get so old :(

Had a busy weekend with company and celebrating my brother's birthday. We finally managed to get our christmas lights down, installed a new light in the laundry room, a new hood fan and have half replaced our dishwasher (meaning the old is out but new one not yet in). Oh and by 'we' I of course mean Ian and the men (dad/bro). So excited about our renovation projects and all our new appliances (new to us and better than what we had/have). The stove/fridge will be coming later once my parents new ones are installed in their house.

Here are a couple pictures of late...




2 comments:

Megan said...

Our dentist told me that it will only rot their teeth if they sleep with the bottle in their mouth. If it falls out, she should be fine.

Paul said...

You could also make sure you brush her teeth in the morning right when she wakes up. That should help prevent tooth decay. Just a thought :)