Monday, February 7, 2011
Art 101
I haven't done very many 'crafty' things with Hailey yet. She isn't quite at the cutting/glueing stage ;) But this weekend Ian needed the house quiet to get some work done so I pulled out the triple header! We did 3 new things that Hailey has not done before. I think she really enjoyed herself. First up we did some painting with watercolours (no pic of this). I didn't keep this one going long because she was mixing the paint colours and it was bothering me (like it matters really).
Then I pulled out some markers... duh, duh, duh! Something she will not use unsupervised for quite a while. I have seen the 'wall art' other children have made and I would prefer to avoid that as long as possible ;) I was really surprised when she tested out each marker - pulled of the lid, scribbled a bit, put the lid back on and put it off on the other side of her tray. She did this for each marker and then said 'all done'. It was kinda funny and reminded me of Ian and how methodical he is. She reminds me so much of Ian everyday :)
Playdough was the finale of the triple header. I have had this playdough for a year now but knew she was too young. She had so much fun playing with the containers that we didn't need to show her what was inside :) She knows now and had to try out every colour and asked mom to make a 'noman' (snowman) out of each colour. We made it through 9 colours when all of a sudden Hailey took a chomp out of the red playdough. I was expecting a grossed out reaction but instead heard 'num, num'. I guess she thinks playdough tastes good. I should probably not take it out again for awhile because she will just want to eat it right away. She was too cute though as she squeezed the 'balls' in her hands saying 'uish, uish' We probably lasted a good hour on these 3 projects and I had a lot of fun. I am excited to do real craft projects with Hailey as she grows up!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
One of my girls eats playdough, too. I don't like it, but I know exactly what's in it because we make a batch every so often. :) Super easy, super fun. Sometimes I throw in glitter, poppy seeds, koolaid packets. Makes is funner.
I'm probably like the worst mother ever but I refuse to let my kids play with playdough because I don't want it mashed into my carpet and it makes such a giant mess!
Any don't worry about being bothered by the colour mixing - it would have bothered me to!
Post a Comment