Monday, November 14, 2011

Organize It Mondays - Drawers

Drawers

Do you have a drawer in your kitchen that collects papers and other miscellaneous items?  Typically near the phone?  Isn't it always in need of a little organization?

Does it look like this?




Usually this drawer contains recipts (many), recent birthday/celebration cards, confiscated toys, reward stickers/tatoos, frequently used office supplies (tape, scissors, sharpies, page markers), menu plans, health benefit reimbursement forms, small tools and I am sure more. *actually I am pretty impressed I got all of that in there*

Needless to say... it was a problem.  The drawer was no longer effective as it was overfull.  I couldn't find anything in it without other items falling all over the floor.

So I pulled everything out and sorted the items into piles.  I put away all the items that didn't belong in there, sorted through recipts (garbage and important ones to keep) and collected all of Haileys stickers, tatoos and trinkets and put them in a ziploc bag (used for potty training).  I also added in a small (childrens) shoe box to house future recipts, piled the papers together and collected the tools at the back.



For now this is a temporary fix as I am working on an organizer for our phone nook that will take some of these items.

I am happy to have it useful again and be able to find what I am looking for without having items spill out onto the floor.

I challenge you this week to find a drawer somewhere in your house that needs some organization help and clean it up.  It is a small task that will be easy to accomplish.  

Good luck.

No comments: